To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
Urban gardening is the process of growing plants of all types and varieties in an urban environment. Urban gardening, which is also known as urban horticulture or urban agriculture, encompasses several unique gardening concepts.
Urban gardening provides many environmental, social, and health benefits:
- Provides a local source of food
- Brings communities and families together
- Educates urban children about the origins of food
- Adds green spaces to cities
- Helps prevent soil erosion
- Helps filter air and rain water
- Mitigates the urban heat island effect
For more infomation